[Ffmpeg-devel] Convert failure with RGB565.

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Nov 9 17:39:45 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 17:17 +0100, Thomas Parmegiani wrote:
[...]
> > So I attached a rawvideo RGB565 file and I try to use the
> > following command
> > line :
> >
> > ./ffmpeg -i /G/SD720x480-None.avi /G/Test.ts
> >
> > Source video is detected as rawvideo RGB565 and the conversion
> > was possible.
> > But the converted file is ugly. It seems that a color conversion failure
> > happend. Can anyone help me ?
>
> I found a thread with a problem similar to mine which is named
> "[Ffmpeg-user] Color failure".
> If anyone has a solution...
Maybe you should post the full ffmpeg's output (so that people can, for
example, see which options were used to configure ffmpeg).
And also explain what "the converted file is ugly" means.

Anyway, it seems to me that the file uses RGB555, and is misdetected as
RGB565. Maybe someone with better experience on avi can comment on this.

				Luca