[Ffmpeg-devel] a little optim for a SSE version of H263_LOOP_FILTER

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Sat Nov 11 10:48:19 CET 2006

skal wrote:
>    btw, while i have the mike:
>
>    seems to me the following replacement functions for
>    vc1_v_overlap_c() and vc1_h_overlap_c() in vc1dsp.c:31
>    are likely to be faster (and bitwise equivalent of course)
>
> static void vc1_v_overlap_c(uint8_t* src, int stride, int rnd)
> {

I am still surprised about the input to overlap being uint8_t
as my understanding of VC1 was that the overlap has to be
done with the pixels before clipping, which can be both
negative and beyond 255. I remember someone brought this
up before on the list but I think there was no response?

Regards
Stefan Gehrer