[Ffmpeg-devel] moving non-SIMD parts of libswscale to LGPL

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Mon Nov 13 15:23:11 CET 2006

Salut,

Michel Bardiaux a ?crit :
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>> What are the plans for the SIMD parts?
>>
>> Leave them as GPL.
>
> From the first day there was talk of swscale, I was afraid it would
> end like this. With the removal of img_resample and that licensing,
> the LGPL version becomes a second-class implementation.
>
> There is not much I can do, but I dont have to like it.

FWIW, everybody who responded to the request to putting their code in
LGPL agreed to relicence it under LGPL.
The problem is that not every author responded...

Guillaume