[Ffmpeg-devel] moving non-SIMD parts of libswscale to LGPL

Daniel Serpell dserpell
Wed Nov 15 19:53:12 CET 2006

Hi!

El Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 07:16:14PM +0100, Michel Bardiaux escribio:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >
> >Are you aware of the fact that FFmpeg was once GPL but was relicensed to
> >LGPL later on.  IIRC under somewhat shady circumstances, I'd appreciate
> >mailing list archive links.
>
> svn log COPYING shows it added, with LGPL, on 2002-05-26 by glantau.
> Before that, anyone remembers which file indicated the license?

See, for example, item 3 of:

http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk/README?revision=6&view=markup&pathrev=6

This is first version of README in SVN. It seems that the COPYING file
was lost.

License was changed on May 25, 2002, to LGPL. This is now in revision
585 of SVN.

I had old ffmpeg archives, but lost them. My last email is from Jun 2002.

    Daniel.