[Ffmpeg-devel] Update licenses in swscale headers

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Thu Nov 16 14:42:53 CET 2006

Hi,

Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since I received the agreement of all the libswscale authors, excepted
> the yuv2rgb* ones, I think we can officialy state that the non-SIMD code
> of rgb2rgb* and swscale* is LGPLed.

Did the yuv2rgb* authors said that they didn't want their code to be
LGPLed, or did you just receive no answer?

> Michael already wrote "the C code (not assembly, mmx, ...) of the
> swscaler which has been written by Michael Niedermayer can be used under
> the LGPL license too" in some files. I propose to change it in "the C
> code (not assembly, mmx, ...) of this file can be used under the LGPL
> license too" for .c files (except yuv2rgb*.c) and "This file can be used
> under the LGPL license too" for .h files (since, unless I am mistaken,
> they do not contain any asm or MMX).
> The proposed patch is attached to this email. I hope I did not overlook
> anything...

Can't the licence of the LGPL parts be put in a separate file with a
LGPL header (same for the GPL parts)?
That would make it a lot clearer what's (L)GPL and what is not...

just my 2c

Guillaume