[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [RFC] X11 device demuxer

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez
Thu Nov 16 17:04:57 CET 2006

Diego Biurrun <diego <at> biurrun.de> writes:
> > + * strict, this code has an "effective" GPL license.
>
> No, the result is that the file must be placed under the intersection,
> not the union of both licenses, i.e. the GPL, not the LGPL.

Which is what the upstream author says... the effective license is GPL. But
you're right to point that i could simplify the license comment, just putting
GPL.

> > + * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> > + * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
> > + * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
> > + * (at your option) any later version.
>
> Replace "this program" with FFmpeg as the other license headers do.

I'll do.

I'll also contact xvidcap authors and Clemens to see if LGPL is ok as FFMPEG is
LGPL it would be preferrable that this code would be LGPL.

PS: i'm having problems/delays sending emails to the list, so excuse me if a
bunch of duplicates arrive... really sorry about that. Moreover these
duplicates, sent yesterday, are probably not taking into account your comments.

--
Edouard Gomez