[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG2 video parser

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila
Fri Nov 17 09:11:18 CET 2006

Paul Curtis <pfc at terrapin.com> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Paul Curtis <pfc at terrapin.com> writes:
>>
>>> M?ns seems to have an excellent MPEG2 video parser that prints out
>>> very useful information .... could you enlighten the rest of us about
>>> which tool you used to produce this output?
>> I used something I cooked up a weekend when I had nothing better to
>> do.  I suppose I could release it...
>
> For those of us who are forced to work with MPEG2 streams of unknown
> origin, it would be immensely helpful. If you release it, I would be
> more than happy to take it on and maintain it.

I've also written similar tool (and I wonder how many others there are).
If you start maintaining some of these you might also want to look whether
my tool has anything extra to offer. Mine works find with mpeg[12] elementary
video streams but has something wrong with program streams.

With all this code we hopefully will soon have one very good tool to
examine mpeg2 streams by human eye.

look at http://www.iki.fi/too/sw/m2vmp2cut/mpeg2info.c

> Regards,
> Paul