[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEGTS muxer problem [on behalf of lucabe72]

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Fri Nov 17 16:49:26 CET 2006

Hi all,

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 13:23 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 16:43 +0800, QuickTime wrote:
> > It seems that the mpeg ts file gernerated by the latest FFmpeg SVN
> > failes to support by VLC
> > (although MPlayer can decode the ts gerneated by ffmpeg)
[...]
> - I suspect the audio and video streams are not properly interleaved,
> and this causes buffer overflows / underflows, and probably the VLC
> problems too.
> I once posted a patch that reduced this "interleaving problem" by
> splitting the audio PESs, but that was clearly a hack...
[...]
> - If I remember well, the DTS is never set in the video PESs (only the
> PTS is set). I think setting the DTS in video streams is not optional
> (but I might be wrong... It's a long time since I last looked at these
> isssues), so this must be fixed... Maybe properly setting the DTS can
> help in solving the VLC issues.
In case anyone is still interested in using libavformat to generate TSs
that vlc can read, I searched for my old patch, I reworked and
simplified it, and I added DTS support...

The result is attached to this email.

Yes, I know that the patch is wrong in many ways, and this is not a
submission.
But as a matter of fact, vlc 0.8.2 (well, the "0.8.2-svn Janus" that is
installed on my debian stable machine) can succesfully play TSs
generated after applying this patch, and does not complain :-)
I just post this patch because maybe someone interested in ffmpeg / vlc
interoperability can use it as a starting point.

				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !