[Ffmpeg-devel] inttypes.h

Måns Rullgård mru
Mon Nov 20 23:09:37 CET 2006

Brian Brice <bbrice at newtek.com> writes:

> There once was a workaround for compilers for did not have inttypes.h,
> but it seems that this was removed.  I actually had no problem compiling
> ffmpeg in MinGW, as it has inttypes.h.  However, I did have problems
> when trying to simply include avformat.h into a VC++ project, due to
> VC++ not coming with inttypes.h.  There was a macro, EMULATE_INTTYPES,
> that if defined, would typedef the uint*_t types.  I usually #defined
> this before including avformat.h, and everything was well.  What
> happened to this?  Why was it taken out? :-(

Those typedefs were never safe, since they are not guaranteed to be
the same as those from inttypes.h.  Just make your mingw inttypes.h
visible to vc++ and all should be fine.  Alternatively, you could take
the hint that vc++ isn't very well suited for compiling programs.  (Is
it useful for anything else?)

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com