[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: ML posting problems, any admin there ?

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Tue Nov 21 10:57:28 CET 2006

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 07:05:01 +0000 (UTC)
Edouard Gomez <ed.gomez at free.fr> wrote:

> Le Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:58:23 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd a ?crit:
> >  For edgomez.kicks-ass.org, this fails
> > with a "connection refused" error, indicating that the sender address
> > is not real (it is impossible to deliver mail to it).
>
> It's real but happens to not be exposed outside my LAN. There uses to be
> another techniques to check if MTAs are real ones like refusing the mail
> a first time asking for a delay. a real MTA will retry when processing the
> pending queue again. A basic MTA will indicate failure immediately (heavy
> MUAs)
>
> Anyway, i'll route my emails through my ISP just for natsuki. PITA.

I don't think routing your mails throught your ISP our throught your own
SMTP server will change anything. The problem here is the 'From:' field in
your mails.
This one won't work as it's not a valid public address (we can't reply to):
  From: <ed at edgomez.kicks-ass.org>
This one will work:
  From: <ed.gomez at free.fr>

So you should put your @free.fr address in mails you send to this list
even if you send them through your own SMTP server.

Aurel