[Ffmpeg-devel] JPEG that doesn't work with ffmpeg

Cyril Russo cyril.russo
Tue Nov 21 12:54:58 CET 2006

Hi all,

  I've posted a 'forged' JPEG that work with current libjpeg but not
ffmpeg here:
http://xryl669ny.free.fr/MyFile001.jpg

The only difference between this file and the previous one is the
component order in the file.

The new one declares the component order as Y Cb Cr (instead of Y Cr Cb
like in MyFile000.jpg)
Scans still are in Y Cr Cb orders and they perfectly describe themselves
as Y, Cr and Cb in their respective headers.

This is not related with multiple component patch I've posted earlier,
it's a parsing bug.
I haven't any JPEG that would have more than 1 component per scan, even
if it is allowed by standard,
and I don't really have time to crawl google to find one.

Cheers,

--
Cyril RUSSO