[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Nov 21 14:59:11 CET 2006

Hello,
On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 01:44:10PM +0100, Cyril Russo wrote:
> Ok guys,
>
> I'm fed up. Here the patch attached (in case Thunderbird messes it up).
> There is no tab inside as both
> hexdump -C mjpeg.c | grep  "09 "
> hexdump -C mjpeg.c | grep  " 09"
> give no output.
>
> What could have been a 5 mn process is becoming a 3 days issue for what
> ? 50 lines of code.

I can understand you, and I left my first patch to ffmpeg for others to
fix, too. Though I think there were simpler patches that had to go
through worse.
I'd like to say though that at the rate that ffmpeg evolves 50 lines of
only suboptimal code will become 500 lines of mess in no time. Look at
some of the code in MPlayer (e.g. mplayer.c) if you need "proof"...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger