[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Nov 21 16:04:30 CET 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 01:44:10PM +0100, Cyril Russo wrote:

> I'm fed up. Here the patch attached (in case Thunderbird messes it up).
>
> What could have been a 5 mn process is becoming a 3 days issue for what
> ? 50 lines of code.
>
> Anyway, I give up. I'm sorry if I'm too blue or too red for you. My
> initial purpose was to give back since I'm using ffmpeg, and so far,
> I've followed the lines to contribute back correctly.

Easy.  It's not always simple to contribute to this project since, yes,
there quite a few strict guidelines.  But it's true, if your patch does
not satisfy certain formatting criteria it will hardly be looked at.  Is
there a way we could make this more clear somewhere so that people like
you don't stumble?

Diego