[Ffmpeg-devel] nightly Subversion snapshots

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Thu Nov 23 10:28:13 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-23 at 09:40 +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> On 11/23/06, V?ctor Paesa <wzrlpy at arsystel.com> wrote:
> > Excellent, would it be possible to include the top ".svn/entries" file
> > into the "bare sources" snapshot?
> >
> > In that way version.sh would tag properly the binaries with the SVN
> > revision number.
>
> RTF web page: http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/download.html
>
> "We also provide nightly Subversion snapshots. You can choose between
> a full checkout that you can update with Subversion or bare sources
> that are smaller but don't come with Subversion metadata."
>
> :-P

That's not relevant since the reason for the version without metadata is
the smaller size. Including the version number would not increase size
noticeably.

BTW it would be possible to have a smaller source package with
subversion metadata by not shipping the "working copy" version of the
files. The user would then need to run "svn revert -R . libswscale"
(libswscale mentioned separately because it's external) after unpacking
to regenerate the files. Probably not worth it though.