[Ffmpeg-devel] Simpler Patch to bring AC3 encoder output up to input level

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Thu Nov 23 23:24:02 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/22/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 02:36:54PM -0800, Bill O'Shaughnessy wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >  After some inputs, the overflow protection of using 32bit multiplies
> > is not necessary and a simpler patch does work to bring ac3 output up
> > to the exact level of the input.  I have tested this on a wave file
> > normalized
> > to the maximum of 16 bits.  It does work and the output is at the
> > exact level of the input.
> >
> > Good Luck,
> >  Bill O.
> >
> > Here is the Patch
>
> ok, after looking at ac3enc.c a little iam fine with this but first your
> patch looks mangled try attaching it and second you forgot to update the
> regression test checksums (this should change a few)

Applied, along with reg tests update.

I'd like to say I really regret that some ppl who submit patch doesn't
go all the way to submit "ready to go patches". Are they just meant to
be lost in the noise?

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!