[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg decodes MXF DVCPro25 or DVCPro50 one frame then stop.

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Nov 24 12:22:43 CET 2006

Hi

Thomas Parmegiani wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I try to reencode mxf file to mpeg2 using command line :
>
> [...]
>
> The problem is that I get only one frame results as if the source would
> contain only one frame.

File is clip wrapped. All frames are in one KLV packet.

> Samples used can be found at : http://www.mxftk.com/pub/page.php?id=47
>
> MXF File P2 PAL DVCPRO 25:
> http://www.mxftk.com/userdoc/mxf_samples_files/P2-dvcpro25.zip
> MXF File P2 PAL DVCPRO 50:
> http://www.mxftk.com/userdoc/mxf_samples_files/P2-dvcpro50.zip

MXF demuxer does not support clip wrapped DV content (all P2 files), as
it would require a DV parser, which could extract single frames from the
KLV packet. I have not much time atm to do that, I'll try to, feel free
to send a patch though.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312