[Ffmpeg-devel] ffplay confused about filenames that begin with a dash

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Mon Nov 27 13:39:49 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/27/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 02:00:14AM +0200, Timo Lindfors wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > here's a bug report for ffplay (was going to submit it to a bug
> > tracker but since there seems to be none I'm assuming it's ok to mail
> > it here):
> >
> > Steps to reproduce:
> > 1) svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg
> > 2) cd ffmpeg && ./configure && make
> > 3) youtube-dl http://youtube.com/watch?v=-zVCYdrw-1o
> > 4) ffplay -zVCYdrw-1o.flv
> > 5) ffplay -- -zVCYdrw-1o.flv
> >
> > Expected results:
> > 4 or 5) ffplay opens input file and starts to play it
> >
> > Actual results:
> > 4) ffplay does not open input file and prints
> > ffplay: unrecognized option '-zVCYdrw-1o.flv'
> > 5) ffplay does not open input file and prints
> > ffplay: unrecognized option '--'
> >
> > More info:
> > 1) Step 3) can be equally well replaced with "touch -- -zVCYdrw-1o.flv"
> > since the bug depends only on filename and not contents.
> > 2) I was able to play the files with the following fix:
>
> looks ok

Works allright. Applied.

Timo, if you need to send other patches to this list, please send them
as attachment, not inline. It makes it easier to extract patches and
apply them.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations