[Ffmpeg-devel] Use of llrint() in mpegaudiodec.c

Benjamin Larsson banan
Tue Nov 28 23:49:00 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

>In mpegaudiodec.c there are two calls to llrint().  This function
>isn't available on some platforms, so linking fails there.  Looking
>closer, I notice that in both cases, the return value is immediately
>assigned to a 32-bit variable.  This makes be think that using lrint()
>should work equally well, and lrint() is more widely available than
>llrint().  Is there some subtle issue I'm missing here, or is the
>attached patch safe?

This is the commit message that added this code:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.cvs/4408/focus=4408

Some systems didn't like lrint() either, so I suggest to go by the
integer rounding route that Michael suggested later in the thread.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--
new tiny signature