[Ffmpeg-devel] unable to build shared ffmpeg on x86_64 withswscale

Pavlov Konstantin thresh
Tue Oct 3 13:34:34 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 11:54, Luca Abeni wrote:
> > ranlib libswscale.a
> > /usr/bin/ld: swscale.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol'
> > can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
> > swscale.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
>
> I think a fix for this problem has been posted on the mailing list; you
> can search the archives and try it.
>
> However, I do not know if the patch has been rejected, or what happened
> to it...

Looks like the patch was rejected. Though it doesn't help at all.
The error i got slightly differs from the one who made a patch.

this is what they got:
/usr/bin/ld: yuv2rgb.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against
`mmx_00ffw' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value

--
Pavlov Konstantin,
ALT Linux Team,
jid: thresh at altlinux.org