[Ffmpeg-devel] Metrics for compressed video

Jon Burgess jkburges
Wed Oct 4 05:33:46 CEST 2006

Hi Loren,

Thanks for the advice.  You're right that in my case I don't need a generic
interface, but...

I guess the point I was getting at (maybe I didn't explain very well) is
that I think I'm going to write a generic interface, since although
initially I will be using MPEG-4 Part 2 video data, I think that we will
want to support H.264 (and maybe other encodings) in our application in the
future, so I want to have something like "get me the amount of motion in
this video frame" that works independantly of video encoding.

So that is my plan - whether you guys want it in the repository or not I
suppose is up to you.  But I would be happy to contribute to the project.

Regards,
Jono Burgess