[Ffmpeg-devel] h264/rtp transport (RFC 3984)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Oct 4 22:14:15 CEST 2006

Hi

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 02:40:33PM -0500, Ryan Martell wrote:
> Okay, so I'm really, really close to implementing h264 over rtp (per
> RFC 3984).
>
> I am getting video, but there is lots of grey.  I am getting lots of
> "Concealing 150 MV errors, .." messages.
>
> I have looked over my byte manipulations all morning, and I am pretty
> sure that I am decoding the stream correctly, and creating the AvCC
> stuff from the SDP announce (I have verified that my code produces
> the same avc block as the file that is sourced from the server).  I
> am prepending a 4 byte NAL packet length to the start of every
> packet, so it goes through the AVC loop just fine.  Byteswapping all
> looks good.
>
> So... I'm thinking that the problem has to do with my timestamps and
> sequence numbers.  I'm going to start looking into this right now,
> but if anyone knows whether that would account for lots of grey
> (including grey on the bottom half of the full frames?), I would
> appreciate knowing that I am on the right track.

this sounds a little like you feed incomplete frames into the decoders
this is not supported concatenate all packets for one frame and then
give it to the decoder, you can also use a AVParser to do that for you ...