[Ffmpeg-devel] Latest SVN FFmpeg doesn't compile using GCC 2.96 under Redhat 7.3

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Thu Oct 5 00:21:54 CEST 2006

On Saturday, 30 September 2006 at 02:03, Pixelib Team wrote:
> First of all, FFmpeg 0.4.9 pre1 has ever been compiled using GCC
> 2.96successfully at Redhat
> 7.3 even though there were lots of warning messages.
>
> Recently, I have been trying to compile the latest svn version of FFmpeg
> couples of weeks, unfortunately, after showing lots of warning messages, the
> compile process did hang there and nothing happened again.
>
> any idea ?

How long have you waited? Compiling some parts of ffmpeg takes a lot of time.
Can you verify using top if gcc is doing something or just idling?
Warnings can be safely ignored. It's the errors that make compilation fail.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/