[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Oct 6 18:17:23 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 06:07:01PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Sine a (working) Bugzilla installation already exists and the people
> actually using it are not complaining too loudly, how about trying to
> use it for one release and then evaluate the result.

Only because
1) Hardly anyone is using it
2) complaints were ignored so everyone has given up complaining.
3) At least I have built my own workarounds that make it almost usable.

It may be better than nothing, but that bugzilla setup _really_ sucks.
And those terminology "nits" are not just nits, not to mention that the
main complaint was that half of the bug states that would be useful are
missing while half of the bug states that are available are useless for
use and only confusing.
And the fact that I either have to assign myself or enter me into cc
just to catch up with future comments drives me half-crazy each time.
Not to mention that the search function really sucks. It may be good if
you know exactly what you look for, but it regularly fails for case like
"I know there was some bug like that".

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger