[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sat Oct 7 16:37:27 CEST 2006

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:08:38 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 12:41:21AM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> > On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:01:32 +0200
> > Hauke Duden <H.NS.Duden at gmx.net> wrote:

> > > roundup ! (http://roundup.sf.net)
> > >
> > > It's a great tracker, done in python. Very easy to customize, stable
> > > and, above all, simple to install and maintain!
> >
> > That's what I wanted to suggest too.
> > AFAIR, previous discussions about bug tracker concluded that a proper
> > email interface is a must. And it seems that roundup has a full
> > featured email interface.
> > It is probably a very good candidate.
> > (That said, I personnaly don't care much about bug tracker)
>
> so from the suggestions whats left is
> trac & roundup
> has anyone used both and could comment about advantages/disadvantages?

I can't really comment on both. But one big difference between them is
that trac is a full project managment system, including source/history
browsing, timeline/roadmap, wiki...
Roundup on the other hand is only and simply a bug tracker.

Some real life roundup examples seems in order:
http://issues.bigasterisk.com/cuisine/
http://efod.se/python-tracker/

And the feature set is probably worth a read:
http://roundup.sourceforge.net/doc-1.0/features.html

Aurel