[Ffmpeg-devel] [rfc] arch specific dir in libavutil

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Oct 8 00:16:29 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 07:12:24PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>

> > rejected
> >
> > [...]
>
> rationale?

bloat

if we have pages of asm code for various cpus then arch specific dirs make
sense for the few lines in avutil it does not and anyway whats your rational
for them?

and ive the same oppinion about the mpegaudiodec asm removial
MULH is mpegaudiodec specific its not supposed to be a generic macro
for example where should i apply the arm MULH optimization which
changes one side to 16bit? if any other part of lavc used MULH
it would likely break, ok no other part uses it yet but then why is
it in a header which is not mpegaudiodec specific ...
these changes make things more complicated while the advantage isnt
clear to me, the 5 lines of asm in mpegaudiodec.c where hardly a problem