[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 10 11:50:58 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 04:37:27PM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 15:08:38 +0200
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 12:41:21AM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:

> > > That's what I wanted to suggest too.
> > > AFAIR, previous discussions about bug tracker concluded that a proper
> > > email interface is a must. And it seems that roundup has a full
> > > featured email interface.
> > > It is probably a very good candidate.
> > > (That said, I personnaly don't care much about bug tracker)
> >
> > so from the suggestions whats left is
> > trac & roundup
> > has anyone used both and could comment about advantages/disadvantages?
>
> I can't really comment on both. But one big difference between them is
> that trac is a full project managment system, including source/history
> browsing, timeline/roadmap, wiki...

sounds bloated ...

> Roundup on the other hand is only and simply a bug tracker.
>
> Some real life roundup examples seems in order:
> http://issues.bigasterisk.com/cuisine/
> http://efod.se/python-tracker/
>
> And the feature set is probably worth a read:
> http://roundup.sourceforge.net/doc-1.0/features.html

could someone setup some roundup for testing and evaluation? (on mphq
if admins agree and its easy and secure)

as bug states (they can be configured i think) the following (from some
previous bugzilla flames) would be nice (comments welcome of course)

newBug        initial state for new bugreports
verified      someone succeded in reproducing the bug
analyzed      it is understood why things dont work like they should
fixed         fix is in cvs
fixed&checked someone confirmed that the fix really fixed the bug
worksForMe    bug is not reproduceable
duplicate     theres a different bugreport which describes the same bug
wontFix       the bug is real but wont be fixed
invalid       its the users fault (not reading manual, missuse of something)
needMoreInfo  further information is needed for reproducing the bug

newPatch      initial state for new patches
ok            patch is ok, should be applied ASAP
applied       patch has been applied to cvs
rejected      patch is fundamentally broken and should not be aplied
needChanges   changes are needed before the patch can be applied

newRequest    initial state of new feature requests
implemented   feature has been implemented
wontImplement feature request is valid but wont be implemented
invalidReq    unclear, or several unrelated things in one feature request