[Ffmpeg-devel] benchmark of different CABAC routines

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Tue Oct 10 14:24:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 01:43:36PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>>On 10/10/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>>>asm -march=athlon -mcpu=athlon -mtune=athlon
>>>4223 dezicycles in decode_residual, 2095208 runs, 1944 skipsbits/s dup=0
>>>drop=0
>>
>>When you say "branchless", which one are you using specificly? I
>>assume it's the one on by default on SVN code, isn't it?
>>Or is it the asm code with cmov in it?
>

> branchless is the stuff which is used if BRANCHLESS_CABAC_DECODER is defined

Dam, am I tired and sleepy. I meant to say: when you say "asm":
There are a lot of asm routines available (one of them being on by
default)... so is the one you used the default one or the one with cmov?

Guillaume