[Ffmpeg-devel] benchmark of different CABAC routines

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Tue Oct 10 15:07:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 02:49:23PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
>[...]
> > Now, /bin/arch on my system just shows "i686" for all recent systems. Parsing
> > /proc/cpuinfo would only work on GNU/Linux systems and cpuid based apps only on
> > x86. I guess there is no generic way to do this or does anyone know a portable
> > way? If there's no generic way, what would be better: An OS specific solution or
> > an architecture specific one?
>
> Yes, there's a way to do this:
>
> cd ~/Prgm/
> cp -i mplayer/configure ffmpeg/configure
>
> ;oP
>
> In other words: MPlayer's configure already provides this kind of
> detection/service.
So, I guess it would be best if the CPU/arch detection code could be extracted
from mplayer/configure and put in a separate script that then could be shared by
ffmpeg & mplayer, right? Unfortunately, I can't have a go at that yet, I'm still
trying to understand h264.c for the h264 encoder patch.

With friendly regards,
Takis