[Ffmpeg-devel] Wavpack decoded packet size?

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Tue Oct 10 15:45:38 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 07:07 +0300, Kostya wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 08:04:38PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > Is there any size limit on decoded wavpack packet size that would
> > prevent wavpack.c from overflowing AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE? I
> > didn't notice anything in wavpack.c with a quick look, but didn't try to
> > construct an example to verify.
>
> Look in libavformat/wv.c, lines 176-179

That might work when the demuxing is done by libavformat, but what about
players using another demuxer or (more likely) allowing wavpack audio in
another container? I think the decoder shouldn't rely on another part of
the code having checked the packets beforehand to avoid buffer overflow.