[Ffmpeg-devel] trying to reduce the binary size when few mpegvideo codecs are built.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Tue Oct 10 21:34:15 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 08:56:21PM +0200, pecno rabane wrote:
> I am working on an embeded OS, and devices with limited memory. (no secret it's rockbox for ipods, irivers, and other dap)
> We are working on mpeg2 video codec, but actually the binary size when you only select mpeg2 is around 1,5 megs, when building just the apiexemple.c .

Did you try compiling with
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wl,--gc-sections
I'd recommend using gcc 4.x and binutils 2.17, because I've had some
weird effects with earlier versions.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger