[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Dana Hudes dhudes
Fri Oct 13 20:27:04 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 07:51:05PM -0700, Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 11:47 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>
>>> state diagram copy & pasted from an old bugzilla flame ...
>>> ----------
>>> Bugs:
>>>    /<--------------------------\
>>> New -> Verified -> Analyzed -> Fixed (-> Fixed&Checked)
>>> ^\\\-> WorksForMe  | |     \-> WontFix
>>> | \--> Duplicate <-/ |
>>> v  --> Invalid <-----/
>>> NeedMoreInfo
>>>
>>   This seems quite reasonable.
>>

>>> Patches:
>>>    /<-(reverse)-\
>>> New -> Ok -> Applied (->Applied&Checked)
>>> ^  \-> Rejected

>>> NeedsChanges
>>>
>>   I'm sorry, but how do patches tie in into bugtracking ?
>>

> patchtracking :)
> of course the idea is optional, and unrelated but it was part of the
> original bugzilla flame from where i copy and pasted the stuff above

A fix would indicate which SVN revision of which file(s) is needed to
fix the bug. I would expect this information in the resolution. I would
also expect the ticket not be closed until independently verified --
either by original requestor or the monitor(s).