[Ffmpeg-devel] x264-r592 breaks ffmpeg r6687

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Oct 16 00:07:51 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> for this AVCodecContext->crf would have to be changed from int to float ...

forgot to add this, I have too many changes on hold and I don't have
local branches (I should quit being lazy and use a local git-svn I know)

> also IIRC x264 has some generic option handling, we should use that if
> possible, the idea would be to first set everything up based on the normal
> values in AVCodecContext like we do currently but with x264_param_parse()
> this should prevent some compatibility breaks ...

I could look into it at a later time or let people that also develop
x264 say something about.

> and then pass any -genericopt or -gopt or whatever we call it argument
> to the codec (for x264 it would need to be choped up, maybe with a=b:c=d:...
> style?

No x264 proficient ^^;

lu

--