[Ffmpeg-devel] Shorten audio FourCC

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Oct 16 13:18:02 CEST 2006

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:45:27AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:44:42AM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> >
> > Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >
> > > I've committed shrn as ID and a FIXME comment that outlines the problem.
> > > Reimar and Roberto are with me on this and Michael as well if I
> > > understood his mail right.
> > >
> > > Mans, please don't be angry, as soon as we have 16 bit IDs for all
> > > codecs we shall resolve this issue properly.
> >
> > I was also against this.
> >
> > I bet this won't be fixed in a short time, since it is working now.
>
> It will be fixed as soon as we have 16-bit IDs for all the missing
> formats.  Nobody had one for Shorten and making up an arbitrary one,
> hmmmm.

I've started to add TwoCCs to the multimedia Wiki.  Since there seems to
be a more or less official one for FLAC, I'm going to replace the FourCC
in riff.c by that TwoCC.  We'll be back at square one then, 5 illegal
FourCC values in riff.c, like before the Shorten addition ;-p

BTW, flac support in ffplay appears to be broken.

Diego