[Ffmpeg-devel] Broken compilation for shared libraries - r6545

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Oct 16 20:01:50 CEST 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 06:57:13PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Diego Biurrun said:

> >> And why is that?  From what I could tell, the change wouldn't alter the value
> >> of EXTRALIBS in any way.
> >
> > Yes, it would.  Since libavutil/Makefile includes common.mak the
> > EXTRALIBS lines in common.mak are used for libavutil linking..
>
> Quite so.  Now the question is, how did it ever build anywhere?

One solution is to have libavutil installed somewhere.  The other is to
have a linker that does not complain about the stray flag.  Incidentally
both conditions are true for my systems...

Diego