[Ffmpeg-devel] problems with av synchronization

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 17 21:53:02 CEST 2006

Hi

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 12:48:05PM -0700, Aaron Williams wrote:
> I tried to use the map option, but it's not clear how it should be used
> and I could never get it to work.  I would prefer to not have to re-encode
> the audio if I can avoid it.  I do not understand why there should be any
> synchronization problems, since the original mpeg and aiff files are in
> perfect sync, as is the VOB file I created using mplex.
>
> How should I go about using the map option?  I have two streams, one for
> audio and one for video.

thats a user question which doesnt belong here :)
maybe something like -map 0:0:0:0 -map 0:1:0:0 might work but it depends
on the input file and i could also be wrong (read the fine source if it
doesnt work)

additionally dont top post