[Ffmpeg-devel] About FFMPEG Optimization

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Oct 18 10:55:12 CEST 2006

Hi

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 09:02:53PM -0700, yj wrote:
> Hi,
> As I asked before, I want to convert FLV to H.263 and
> then decode it under embedded platform,
> But it seems that the transcoding rate is too slow,
> is there any way for optimizing and accelerating the
> transcoding?
> Thanks a lot.

depends on the FLV version, verson 1 might be losslessly and quickly
transcodeable to H263
that might sometimes work with version 2 too depending on dct coeff
range ...

either way it is not supported and you are free to send a _clean_ patch
which implements bitstream only decoding and encoding for h263 and flv
so that this becomes possible