[Ffmpeg-devel] VP6 encoder

Eduardo nec556
Mon Oct 23 13:42:31 CEST 2006

At 05:35 23/10/2006, you wrote:

> > Snow and dirac maybe? (help wanted to get it finalized)
>
>Horrid performance, even more patent claims, and compression presently
>much worse than h264...

What patents claims are on snow? horrid perfomance? Perhaps the
problem is that snow isn't finished or needs better algorithms.

I have several new ideas about wavelet compression that can share,
without any patent claim afaik, i use them on pictures for now and work great.

P.S. Is there any paper describing snow codec? Or is everything on source code?