[Ffmpeg-devel] Protocols

Anders Moden ffmpeg
Tue Oct 24 21:46:38 CEST 2006

Hi !

I have written some custom protocols for our distributed network...

I can see that even if i set URLContext::is_streamed to true in the
protocol open section, the seek method gets called sometimes. I do
have registered a seek method but I thought i could use the same
protocol for streamed/random access if i set this flag to true/false.

Second. What is the URLContext::max_packet_size used specifically
for. I can see that the data request never gets bigger than this set
value but what is the actual meaning of it. Can i dynamically change
this between reads to get better "look ahead" when i have pending
data in the input buffer ?

/Anders