[Ffmpeg-devel] Protocols

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 24 22:56:37 CEST 2006

Hi

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 09:46:38PM +0200, Anders Moden wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I have written some custom protocols for our distributed network...
>
> I can see that even if i set URLContext::is_streamed to true in the
> protocol open section, the seek method gets called sometimes. I do
> have registered a seek method but I thought i could use the same
> protocol for streamed/random access if i set this flag to true/false.

is there a differnce between a NULL seek and returning -EPIPE?
if yes (and thats probably is the case) then send a patch :)

> Second. What is the URLContext::max_packet_size used specifically
> for. I can see that the data request never gets bigger than this set
> value but what is the actual meaning of it. Can i dynamically change
> this between reads to get better "look ahead" when i have pending
> data in the input buffer ?

i dont think you can change this dynamically without big changes to lavf,
i also done see why you would want to
if libavformat asks for more data then you have then just return
less, if it asks for less then what you have then it doesnt need more data