[Ffmpeg-devel] Sample code for overlaying audio on top of video and encoding

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Thu Oct 26 11:08:37 CEST 2006

Joel Reymont wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is there any sample code that shows how to decode audio and video, add
> the two together and encode as a video again?
>
>     Thanks, Joel

I assume you mean 'merge an audio file and a video file into a
video-with-sound file'? You dont need to write any code, nor do you need
to decode then re-encode.

ffmpeg -i vid.mpg -i aud.wav -acodec copy -vcodec copy dst.mpg

If you really need code, ffmpeg.c itself is a good source of info.

Cheers,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director