[Ffmpeg-devel] DECLARE_ALIGNED_16 not honoured correctly in MinGW

Benjamin Larsson banan
Fri Oct 27 22:01:46 CEST 2006

Rich Felker wrote:

>On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 02:54:24PM +0200, Steve Lhomme wrote:
>

>>built with MinGW. It appears that gcc assumes the stack is already
>>aligned a certain way when it does the alignment of this variable in the
>>stack. And this is not true when the stack is given by MSVC code.
>>

>Yes, and this assumption is highly broken on gcc's part. All it has to
>do is insert an instruction "and $~15, %esp" before it sets up the new
>frame and some other minor support. Flame the gcc developers for being
>#$&(#$ idiots, yet again...
>
>Rich

So if we move a stack variable so it aligns the struct is it going to
work then? Then it would still work properly on Unix while it could be
considered a hack on mingw.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--