[Ffmpeg-devel] Mpeg-4 playback: issues with CBR padding

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 31 20:43:32 CET 2006

Hi

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:44:38PM +0200, Itay Chamiel wrote:
> >> Anyway, the question is: Is this a problem with ffmpeg or with the
> >> encoder?
> >
> >encoder, ffmpeg will ignore it and and decode the stream fine if you
> >specifiy -bug 16
>
> Could you be a bit more specific about what the problem is? I need something concrete that I can pass to the codec developers.

i dont think that stuffing macroblocks are allowed _after_ all macroblocks,
the mpeg4 syntax places the stuffing mb in the mb type decoding loop and
it seems like this loop must terminate with decoding a non stuffing mb
which cannot happen after all mbs, that is my interpretation of the spec ...

> And, where do I specify "-bug 16"? Remember I am using either VideoLAN or MPlayer to play content.

that is a ffmpeg mailinglist and this is likely documented in the docs
of the repective projects, for mplayer -lavdopts bug=16 might work