[Ffmpeg-devel] [OT] How to send e-mails compliant with mailman'sthreading with Thunderbird?

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Fri Sep 1 00:47:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

> At first I used to write to the list using my Hotmail account and Outlook
> Express. That combination obviously screwed up all quoting and the
> threading in the archives. My e-mails were scattered all over the place
> being identified as replies to anything (in the ffmpeg-devel archives)...
>
> So I switched to Thunderbird, but my e-mails still screwed up the
> threading. Now I switched e-mail accounts to another server (I thought it
> was Hotmail or the Hotmail plugin in ThunderBird that was doing something
> non-compliant). But I see that I'm still causing the same problems in the
> threads. Using SquirrelMail (Webmail) also caused the same thing, which is
> weird, since I see other people using SquirrelMail with success on the
> list.

I also suffered that weird behaviour of Hotmail.
I'm no mail expert, so I just switched to another webmail provider, that is
offering SquirrelMail. Since in your case didn't work, I'm wondering
if the problem is the mail server your provider uses, and not in the
mail clients you are trying ...

Regards,
V?ctor