[Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Sep 3 18:28:20 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 04:13:47PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> libavcodec/mpegaudiotab.h says that "The licence of this code is
> contained in file LICENCE found in the same archive".  What archive?
> What LICENSE file?

The file header says:

 * mpeg audio layer 2 tables. Most of them come from the mpeg audio
 * specification.

Which specification is that?  All references to mpegaudiotab.h I found
with Google point back to FFmpeg or programs derived from FFmpeg.

If you look at the file you'll see that it's just a bunch of constants
and tables.  Since we're operating under the assumption that these are
not copyrightable I suggest we remove the silly line about its license.
In any case, it already claims to be (c) Fabrice ...

Diego