[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] AVOptions not set for muxers

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Fri Sep 8 09:59:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

The attached patch is not meant for inclusion, it is merely sent for demonstrating
the "bug" I am about to report.

The problem I am facing is that adding an option to libavcodec seemed fairly easy -
in fact it was as easy as adding an entry to the AVOption options[] array, and
adding the needed variables to AVCodecContext- but doing the same for
libavformat wouldn't work. It did work for demuxing parameters -options with
AV_OPT_FLAG_DECODING_PARAM set- but I cannot get it to work for muxing parameters.

After running the following command, I do see that takisd is set to 5678, but
takise remains zero:
./ffmpeg -takisd 5678 -i src.avi -takise 1234 dst.avi
[avi @ 0x8336e00][TAKIS] takise: 0
[avi @ 0x8336e00][TAKIS] takisd: 5678
[avi @ 0x8336e00][TAKIS] takisd: 5678
[avi @ 0x8336e00][TAKIS] takisd: 5678
[avi @ 0x8336e00][TAKIS] takisd: 5678
[avi @ 0x8336e00][TAKIS] takise: 0
[avi @ 0x8336e00][TAKIS] takisd: 5678

So, the patch is meant to demonstrate the problem. I'm not sure if it is a bug,
or that I am just using AVOptions incorrectly. Any suggestions?

 avformat.h |    2 ++
 avidec.c   |    2 ++
 avienc.c   |    2 ++
 utils.c    |    2 ++