[Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

Rich Felker dalias
Fri Sep 8 16:37:03 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 02:59:27PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> One more argument against this license exception: Look at Linux for an
> example of a popular program that carries license exception or
> clarification and see how often it is misunderstood.  Now try doing the
> same for a file hidden deep within the bowels of FFmpeg.  This is just
> asking for infringement.  It's not something we should do.

Well the "asking for infringement" is against Michel's code, not ours.
If he wants to deal with that situation I see no need to try to
protect him from it. :)

However I'm ok with just treating the code as GPL too.

Rich