[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] false MP3 positives on GIF files

Andreas Öman andreas
Mon Sep 11 20:03:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

V?ctor Paesa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid the r6225 commit is giving false MP3 positives on GIF files,
> because SVN-r6229 reports as mp3 what SVN-r6193 would happily process
> as GIF:

The problem is that the new mp3-probe returns a score of 1 when it
finds just one sequence of bytes that seems to be an mp3-frame header.
It is probably a bit too naive and therefore i suggest we remove that.

This in combination with how watermark.c works (first try autoprobe,
then try by filename-extension) exposes the bug.

The patch also fixes an obvious buffer overrun spotted by Victor Voros.