[Ffmpeg-devel] encode v210 raw bitstream

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Sep 12 02:40:53 CEST 2006

mark m wrote:
> On 9/11/06, Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
>>
>> mark m wrote:
>> > I do not want to encode to this format. This is the uncompressed data
>> > stream
>> > from the video capture card. I would like to compress this data stream
>> > MPEG-2 i-Frame only.
>>
>> I'm not sure if it presently supports this format, but it should be
>> possible to code it into FFmpeg.
>

> Do you know how I can do this?
>

> But could you live with losing the
>> bottom 2 bits of precision from each Y, U, and V component (forcing the
>> data to standard 8-bit components)?
>

> Yes to begin with I will do this. Can you tell how I can do this if I have
> standard 8bit components?
> Thanks a lot!

This doesn't map neatly onto the raw formats already available. Can you
provide a sample? This decoder would probably be trivial to hack up
(famous last words). Please upload a small sample per these instructions
("Submitting Sample Media"):

   http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html

	Thanks...
--