[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUGREPORT] ffplay plays video and audio 20% to fast

Gunnar von Boehn gunnar
Fri Sep 15 18:28:20 CEST 2006

BUGREPORT: FFplay plays video and audio about 20% to fast.

Verified on two Linux x86 installs with most current svn tree.

I'll quickly summerize what we know so far:

FFplay plays a number of videos much to fast
(about 20% to fast) on my Linux desktop machines.
All other video players (VLC/MediaPlayer/Realplayer) play the video
correctly.

Herve has reported that the bug did not show on his MAC OS X.
I have verified the bug of FFplay on Linux compiling a fresh svn tree
right now.

On my two x86 Linux systems (Duron and Athlon64)
FFplay plays hunderts of my H264 videos with mp3 sound, about 20% to fast.
Problem: The video and sound are to fast. The video seems not to be
evenly too fast, it looks like sometimes its a bit faster than 20% and
then maybe about normal speed. But this might be related to decoding
speed? The audio plays too fast as well, and has bad disorder noises.
My linux systems are running Debian Linux Kernel 2.6.9-x1 and Debian
Kernel 2.4.26

How to repeat:

- check out and compile newest ffplay

- download test video
http://www.greyhound-data.com/movies/IE/SPK/2006/SPK-2006-09-02-HT09.avi

- ffplay SPK-2006-09-02-HT09.avi

Stats of the test video
   Duration: 00:01:02.9, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 475 kb/s
   Stream #0.0: Video: h264, yuv420p, 352x224, 25.00 fps(r)
   Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 24000 Hz, mono, 32 kb/s

I hope this bug report is helpfull for you.
If you need more information to fix this please tell me.
Can you verify the issue on Linux?
Would it be helpful for you if I provide the buggy ffplay binary for
download?

Cheers
Gunnar