[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] SMPTE 302M AES 3 stream in mpeg ts

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sat Sep 16 19:04:51 CEST 2006

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>
> iam glad iam not mpegts maintainer and no i dont like how this is implemented
> at all ...
>
> still some random comments are below
>
> [some stuff about a possible bug with dissapearing first packets]

Sadly, I was mainly asking if the AVCodecParser implementation concept
was wrong or not, if that could lead to that packet problem. Parsing
code is ugly like I said.

> [...]
>
> this is a ugly hack parsers should be initalized with av_parser_init()

AVCodecParser API requires a codec id, codec_id is in vucf bits. Parsing
further in the ts demuxer is possible then declare a parser for
PCM_S24BE and PCM_S16BE, I thought that was not a good solution, maybe
Im wrong.

AVBistreamFilter is a solution, unfortunately cannot be activated from
mpegts demuxer.

I was hoping that you would answer with a proposal.
What about adding need_bitfiltering and bitfilter to AVStream ?

S302M streams does not contain "sync" bits nor startcode nor similiar
mechanism and therefore sync can only happen in mpegts demuxer, just
after PES header, or ts demuxer could ensure seek happens at PES header,
 is that diserable ? I guess not, maybe only for S302M streams ?

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312